George F. Roberson, PhD
• Cultural Geographer, Urbanist: member of Association of American Geographers (AAG) Washington, DC
• Chair, Partners for International Collaboration and Education (PICE)
• Publisher and Director, Collaborative Media International (CMI)
• Co-Convener, Annual Tangier International Conferences - International Centre for Performance Studies (ICPS) Tangier, Morocco
• Fulbright Scholar (US State Department Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs) to Morocco through the Moroccan American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (MACECE)• Locations: Denver, Colorado (USA); Amherst, Massachusetts (USA); Tangier (Morocco). Research synergies in development: Mexico City (Mexico); proposals sought for additional sites.
• Degrees: Phd Geosciences (Human Geography), MS Geography; BA American Studies
• Biography: home, education, sporting life, professional life
• International exploration: fifty-plus countries and territories -- Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe
Research: sense of place, spirit of place, visualization, mobility, phenomenology, Islam, North Africa and the Mediterranean Region
social theory, place theory, art and literary theories, feminist theory, postcolonial theory, alterity
Fulbright Research Scholar. For a press release and photo about the grant, click here and here (page 13, Grants and Awards).
Voices of Tangier International Conference, Tangier, Morocco. For a press release and photo about my contributions to the conference, click here
• Tangier, Morocco – visitor narratives, citizen voices, and place-making at the cross roads of lands, seas and peoples. For project description and announcement, click here